I recently began playing Rocket League on my PC, but didn’t find it satisfying that I had to use my keyboard and mouse. Luckily I already have a PS3, and with the USB-connection that comes along with the controllers, I was able to use them to play.
So, on to making it work.
- First download the software Motion Joy DS3 from http://jorge.fbarr.net/files/motioninjoy-0-7-1001-en-win.zip. When it finishes downloading, install it.
- Plug in your PS3 controller through the USB connection.
- Set the date on your system back to the year 2014
- Go to Driver Manager and check the box next to Port.. under Hardware Location, and click Install all.
- Click on Profiles and select the fifth option – Xinput-default Xbox 360 controller emulator.
- Set the date back to what it was.
- Finally, click Enable.
Whenever you want to play a game and use your PS3 controller, connect your controller with a USB cable, fire up the program DS3 Tool and click Enable. Then start your game, and the controller should work!