However, in the application iTerm2 it’s possible to add your own key-combinations so that alt+backspace, or in this case cmd+backspace, works as it does in Linux.
Just follow these instructions:
- Open up iTerm2 and head on over to Preferences
- Go to Keys -> Key Mappings and press the +.
- In the Action field, select Send Hex Code.
- In the field Keyboard Shortcut, just press cmd+backspace.
- In the field Hex code enter 0x1B 0x08.
And that’s it! cmd+backspace in iTerm2 should now have the same functionality as alt+backspace in Linux!